Our play places are showplaces.
Get outside and enjoy the fresh air, get up and get going, get fit—get more out of life in Pryor Creek. Through great partnerships and collaboration, Pryor Creek is able to offer recreational opportunities and amenities on par with those of larger metro areas, including these favorites:
Whitaker Park: The jewel of Pryor’s 5-park system, Whitaker Park actually sparkles—at least the water sparkles in the Park’s popular outdoor pool and Splash Pad. Or look closely at the park’s fishing pond, and you might glimpse your next catch. Or just watch a child’s eyes light up and sparkle when you say, “Let’s go to Whitaker!” Water fun is just the beginning of the attractions of this well designed 24-acre park. Lighted tennis courts, volleyball and basketball courts, children’s play areas, plus pavilions and a walking trail make Whitaker the go-to place for all kinds of family fun.
A new addition to Whitaker Park is a swing for parents and toddlers to enjoy together!
Next up in the planning stages: An amphitheater where the Park’s second act as an entertainment venue will debut in the future.
Centennial Park: Centennial was built to celebrate, literally. Constructed to honor Oklahoma’s centennial in 2007, this flourishing outdoor haven has now become a favored location for celebrations of all kinds. Lots of people love saying “I do” in Centennial Park, where it provides a picturesque setting for weddings and other important occasions. Plus, this pretty-as-a-picture park also has people saying “I can” when it comes to fitness. The combined walking trail and fitness course attract those who want a good workout and those who just want a stroll to relax and recharge. Living healthier, living longer to enjoy more birthdays—Centennial is an inviting and convenient everyday celebration.
Visit our other Recreation facilities:
- Pryor Creek Recreation Center, offering state-of-the-art fitness in a 21,000-square-foot facility housing an indoor pool, a fully-equipped gym, and more.
- Outdoor softball and baseball complex(west side) that accommodates our local softball and baseball associations and is home to Pryor Tigers Baseball.
- Grace Samuels Roosevelt Park, home to Roosevelt Elementary School
- Bobby Buck Park, found off SW 1st Street between Edith and Mayes Streets, you will find a happy little park with various outdoor toys for the neighborhood to enjoy.
- Pryor Creek Golf Club, an 18-hole, par 72 municipal golf course, located in Earl Ward Park and offering putting and practice greens, a driving range, pro shop, and other fully-featured amenities.