Code Enforcement

Please refer to the city of Pryor Creek code of ordinances. City of Pryor Creek's goal is to comply 100% with state-adopted codes and city of Pryor codes. Any other items are recommendations, not requirements

To file a complaint:

  1. Log in to GovQA (When finding address, please start typing address in "Search for Property" box. Then choose address of complaint.)
  2. OR download and print the complaint form above.

Send the completed form to: 

City of Pryor Creek, Community Development, PO Box 1167 Pryor Creek, OK 74362
Email to: Sheryl Laue | Fax to: (918) 825-6577 | Hand deliver to: 12 North Rowe Street, Suite B


Code Enforcement: 918-825-1679
Community Development Secretary Sheryl Laue

Code Enforcement

What is it? - A public nuisance is generally defined as a condition that affects the community’s health, safety and welfare.

How is it done? - Currently, the City uses both a citizen complaint process and observations by personnel in the field to initiate code enforcement cases. In most cases, public nuisance issues are resolved informally by communication with the Code Enforcement Officer.

How can you help? - The City of Pryor Creek Community Development Department has limited staff time to devote to code enforcement. Responsible citizens are encouraged to serve as our eyes and ears. If you see a public nuisance condition in your neighborhood – report it.  All complaints will be investigated. Reporting parties can remain anonymous.

To file a nuisance complaint online, log in to GovQA, or download and complete the code complaint form and email or fax, 918-826-1679, to the Community Development Department.   

Top 3 Most Common Code Violations

Weeds and Trash - Yard/Lot maintenance standards are the responsibility of every property owner/resident within the city limits of Pryor Creek. Grass type ground cover cannot be over 12 inches in height, weeds, poison ivy, poison oak, or poison sumac must be removed. With the exception of healthy trees, shrubs, or produce for human consumption grown in a tended and cultivated garden, vegetation and trees must be trimmed so as not to impair vision or obstruct the travel of motorists, nor constitutes a detriment to the health, benefit and welfare of the public and community, or creates a fire hazard to the property. Regardless of height or accumulation, if weeds/vegetation or trash harbors rodents or vermin, gives off unpleasant or noxious odors, constitutes a fire or traffic hazard or is dead or diseased, is considered to be within code violation. Section 4-5-1

Vacant, Unsecured, Dilapidated Structures - Any building or structure which is dangerous to the public health or safety because of damage, decay or other condition.    Section 4-4-1

The maintenance of a structure is the responsibility of the property owner. The property owner is responsible for maintaining secure windows, doors, or other openings that cannot be readily opened from the outside.  These type of structures are a very real problem for neighborhoods. They have become a target for vandals, criminal activities, and a general nuisance for adjacent properties and values.

If the building has deteriorated to a condition that meets the criteria of health and safety risks for the public, it can be considered for immediate and proper action.  Section 4-4-8

Junked, Wrecked Motor Vehicles - Any motor vehicle which does not have lawfully affixed thereto both an unexpired license plate or plates and a current motor vehicle safety inspection certificated, and the condition of which is wrecked, dismantled, partially dismantled, inoperative, abandoned or discarded.

Motor vehicles which are abandoned, dismantled, partially dismantled, wrecked, junked, inoperative or discarded, or left about the City in places other than authorized junkyards or other areas authorized by the City Council, and which tend to do any one or more of the following are hereby declared to be a nuisance:

  • Impede traffic in the streets
  • Reduce the value of private property
  • Create fire hazards
  • Extend and aggravate urban blight; or 
  • Result in a serious hazard to the public health, safety, comfort, convenience and welfare of the residents of the City.  Section 4-6-2

Storing, Parking or Leaving Prohibited - No person shall park, store, leave or permit the parking, storing or leaving of any junk motor vehicle or vehicle of any kind which is in a condition, whether attended or not, upon any public or private property within the City for a period of time in excess of ten (10) days.  Section 4-6-3