Did You Know?


☐ It is your responsibility to keep your portion of easements and public right of ways mowed and clear of any debris.

☐ It is unlawful to interfere or obstruct the operation, maintenance or repairs of a utility easement or right of way.

More information here.

2. WEEDS AND TRASH: (sec 4-5-1)

☐ Lawns with grass/weeds exceeding twelve inches (12”) in height is a public nuisance, potential health detriment and/or fire hazard.

☐ Any refuse, litter, ashes, leaves, debris, paper, combustible materials, rubbish, offal (organ meats, i.e. internal organs and entrails of a butchered animal), waste or matter of any kind or form which is uncared for, discarded or abandoned is unlawful

Download Code Complaint Form here.

3. FIREWORKS: (sec 5-4C-2)  

☐ Residential and Commercial fireworks require the purchasing of a City license, (also known as permit), which can be obtained at City Hall, 12 N Rowe, 2nd floor. Public fireworks displays must be passed and approved by City Council

☐ Fireworks are prohibited within Pryor Creek City limits except on July 3rd & July 4th, between the hours of 9:00 AM to 11:59 PM on each side of said dates and shall not be discharged within twenty five feet (25’) of any permanent structure or within five hundred fee (500’) of any church, hospital, school, public park, or where fireworks are stored or sold.

☐ No person under the age of eighteen (18) shall engage in the use of residential fireworks unless under the supervision of an adult person over 18 years of age with a valid residential fireworks permit.

☐ It is illegal to ignite or discharge any fireworks within or from a motor vehicle or into or at a motor vehicle or at or near any groups of people.

Download licenses (permits) here.


☐ Did you know Pryor Creek Recycles? All of our waste goes to Waste Energy & Recycling in Tulsa, OK. Find out more.

☐ Brush Dump is Free on the 1st and 3rd Saturday each month. Presenting your Municipal Utility Bill will allow free dumping.


(Plumbing Sec 9-2-2, Electrical Sec 9-3-7, Mechanical Sec 9-4-3)

☐ If you are a contractor, journeyman or apprentice planning to work in the City of Pryor Creek, you'll need to fill out a contractor license application with the City and must be renewed annually. 

☐ It is unlawful for any person to engage in the business, trade or occupation of an electrical, mechanical or plumbing contractor, journeyman or apprentice in the City of Pryor Creek unless he or she is registered with the City and has a current and valid Oklahoma State CIB license. 

Download license application here.

6. CHICKENS: (sec 5-3-8-B)

☐ Not more than twelve (12) domestic fowl may be kept in any pen or enclosure for each multiple of seven thousand (7,000) square feet in area of a pen or enclosure which is detached from any dwelling house. Such pen or enclosure where such animal or fowl are kept is to be maintained in a sanitary condition and not offensive or dangerous to the public health. 


☐ It is YOUR responsibility to have a current, legible address on your property.

☐ It is ILLEGAL to leave vehicles in a state of unrepair or without current tags on city property. City can and will remove vehicles and issue a citation for such.

Thank you for your cooperation.

The City of Pryor Creek